Happy Birthdaaay to Me!




In case that one of you are wondering, how did I spend the last two minutes of my precious 25 years old. Here it goes..

I was watching my baby sister to sleep while the radio from my Dad's bedroom, started to fade out to the next song. Tonight the radio has been playing some nice hits.. 'Thinking Out Loud', 'Million Reasons', 'Home' by Phillip Phillips, 'Night Changes'... these songs are nice.. but not too overly cheesy, just right in the feels kinda cheesy nice playlist. Perfect for midnight lullabies. Perfect for time changes.. (pun intended).

24 July 2017, 23:58 pm.

I checked out the Snapchat stories, out of curiosity than a habit. Funny thing was, when I downloaded the app several weeks ago, it too me almost 4 days to figured out how to use lenses. Zendaya was about to hug a nice lady with cute culottes. Joe Jonas posted getting a Raphael Ninja Turtle action figure.. maybe he is at ComicCon? Diplo Major Laser was partying somewhere.  Well, there goes my two minutes.. catching a glimpse of the celebrity's life.
The radio started to play a different song.. a beautiful choir version of I couldn't tell what it was at first so I hum along and I realized it was a national anthem, it was 'Indonesia Pusaka' song.

25 July 2017, 00:03 am.

It stunned me a little bit, like an epiphany just kicked in. I'm 26 and I was humming to a national anthem, not a classic 'Happy Birthday' song but 'Indonesia Pusaka' song instead. This is so weird but funny! Not only that I never thought I would stay up to see the time changes, when I rarely done that before, but I was surprised that turned 26 felt nothing but ordinary.. This is so weird. I expected it to be some kind like me turned into a dragon or a big beautiful bird- hey, what's wrong with that?
I should have been praying and wishing to this new phase of my life. Well, I might be doing it now.. give me a sec~

okay, done

Or, I could have been I dunno, possibly write a blog post about it and spend the next 40 minutes whining about how disappointed I was with myself. But in a good way. Not in a bad way because that is just wrong. I wouldn't go that way.
Anyway, I think I can't stay up any longer.. I am too sleepy for this melodramatic me. So, Happy birthday to me! May the odds are in my favor and etc etc.
Al-Fateehah, Ameen.
♡

Comments