Music: September's Spotify Playlist



Hey, September has just ended. 

Now it is time for the new month, a new beginning.
I still can't believe it is October already. Time flies so fast. Although somehow, in most of days, some days feel like eternity. Here is to October!

To October!

*yayy*
 

This Spotify playlist is just a few of my favorite songs that I have been listening to this year. But before you see what my playlist is, I have to admit that I actually conflicted with myself because; is it supposed to be a 'October's playlist' since we're leaving September already? Or is it really 'September's Playlist' since I made this playlist and listened to this playlist in September, so the name - 'September's playlist'. I mean, how this share-your-monthly-playlist is supposed to work anyway? I am so new...

But whatever. I have decided that this is a 'September's Playlist'. You could listen them on Spotify. And if you want, you could follow me. Or link your favorite playlist below in the comment section. We could totally follow each other and I would like to see your favorite playlists too!






1. From the Dining Table - Harry Styles.

First of all, I love everything from his solo album. Love it. Love it. If love was an understatement, then I shall cherish everything from his solo album. Every single song is different from one of another. I personally love this one because like I said before, every song is different. They are feel different. They have different meanings. To me, the way the acoustic guitars gently strokes, the way he sings like a sad whisper, like idk, sending a prayer? Then there is beautiful choir and and orchestral violins that sent chills to everywhere. I don't know, I can't put the exact words because I am not an expert in music reviews... Maybe, I just love Harry Styles a little bit too much.


2. Roll Call - The Neighbourhood.

If you love Portishead, then this song is for you. The intro, the outro, the music is just like a tribute to Portishead's 'Glory Box'. I could listen to 'Glory Box' for days on repeat without getting bored. Well, maybe after three days I will get bored. But, I will just gravitate to this song again and again... It is my must have song in playlist. Now, 'Roll Call' is my new obsession. The other songs from The Neighbourhood's new EP were alright, right, but to me 'Roll Call' is for the win!


3. idontwannabeyouanymore - Billie Eilish.

She is 15 and she writes deep meaning songs that just right in the feels. I mean, how in the world she is 15! I thought she is in her 20s but whoa, I was so wrong. She is 15 years old. I am sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone but when I was 15, I was crap. And now I am in my 26, I still feel like crap. But this girl, this Billie Eilish girl is wise beyond her age. No wonder she is the new it girl that teenage girls are obsessing for. She is a great songwriter. 


4. The Night We Met – Lord Huron. 

'13 Reasons Why'. Do I need to say more? 
Oh yes, I feel like I should. But, nah.

Okay, I was in '13 Reasons Why' bandwagon, and that series... that freaking series was so good. Yes, it was heavy and fuelled with sensitive topics and could be graphic at some point. But the casts were amazing. And they delivered amazing performances. And Jeff Atkins deserved more than being dead. Why? Just whyyy?? First it was Barb, and now it was Jeff. I mean seriously Netflix, they both were just being a good friend and you killed them. How about Bryce and Courtney? That girl was awful. That rapist was horrible. You better make a hella good second season, Netflix.


5. Pink + White – Frank Ocean. 

There was a time when I was listening to 'Thinking of You' for quite some times.  And this one feels like that song, but more. I mean, the one that is sung by the same artist, not the Katy Perry’s one, you duet partner from 2009. Please. I think Frank Ocean is one of brilliant musicians in today's century. 


6. Passionfruit – Drake 

According to our humble Drake, the key to every successful relationship is communication and passion. What's passion in French anyway? I think I just pronounced passion like, passion but in French. Anyway, there is another version of this song that covered by Paramore which is equally beautiful too. The intro of this song is funny lol, was it intentional or unintentional? Because I can picture that in my mind, Drake is that kinda person who will laugh at his joke no matter how much he already shares the joke to anyone. And he adores Rihanna so bad. Why can't they be together anyway. 


7. Location – Khalid 

Again, communication is the key to every successful relationship. And send me your location cause I am about to drive to where you are and I am gonna make up for my mistakes. Give the man a cookie! 


8. Claim Your Ghost – Iron & Wine 

Comforting words and heartwarming tunes. Plus he advised us to claim our ghost, which I think it means claim your past. Everything from 'Beast Epic' is beautifully crafted. I also love 'Summer Clouds', which hypnotize me and makes me feel like I should go ride a train and spend my day at the beach. Forget everything. But boy, I am broke. And there is no train here. And the next beach is like 8 hours driving. And that's not a decent beach too. It's filthy. But seriously, this album is perfect for long driving with the window's down if you're the passenger. Not the driver because the whole album will send you straight to sleep. *I said this in a non-insulting way. I meant this as a compliment*.


9. Dive - Ed Sheeran 

Because feels. And this song makes such a great karaoke song. You could use your most agony facial expressions and work with your hand gestures while singing this song off-key. Plus the lyrics are super easy to remember. And.. umm what else, what else. Oh, because its Ed Sheeran's. And because this song is right between the 'Castle on the Hill' and 'Shape of You' which is the two of most overplayed songs of the year. And again, because its Ed Sheeran's. 


10. Waiting - Jake Bugg feat. Noah Cyrus 

Some country will never kill anybody. Another wise beyond his age kid. I rememberJake Bugg’s first album, which was great and as you could expect it my favorite song was 'Broken'. Now he came back with new album with more mature and less angsty and let's embrace the pain in a chill way kinda attitude. I don't know about music review but I really think that his new album is beautiful all around. 



I have to say that this playlist is not made based of my least to most favourite order or vice versa. Who knows which one is my favorite because I have different favorite songs that depends on what mood I am in. And I love discovering new but old songs that I haven't heard before. 

That is why I love Spotify. And because I am not paid to promote Spotify in my blog, I will not say how much I love Spotify. No. I will not say anything to the fact that Spotify has tons and tons of great songs, great artists and great playlists. You could choose any kind of genre that suit your taste. They have Jazz, Indie, Rock, and Pop, and my favorite feature is discover.. why am I writing this... I am not advertising!

Anyway, I love Spotify. The only drawback was when I forgot to renew my subscription, all of my dowloaded song and albums are gone instantly. They're just gone. Gone. Just. Like. That. Of course, they are still there, but not for offline mode anymore. Which was suck because the reason why I download them on the first place is to hear them offline, when I am not in wifi area or my mobile data was off. Then again, who download gigabytes worth of songs when you could stream them online? That is just pure crazy...ly dedicated. Well, so much for the efforts...


So, this is it. My September's playlist which is an October's playlist in another way. I really want to know what is your favorite music too! Share your playlist in the comment section. If you are here only for a casual visit and reading, please let me know too. Thank you for reading and see you next time! 


*****

Comments