The Beauty of A Choice
Hey, hello! How is it going?
I know it's been a while. I am so sorry for not posting anything these past two months.
I have been so busy.
No, I lied. I am not busy. Just,lazy working on my priorities list.
Maybe yes, I am busy. Busy staying... alive? like the Bee Gees,
No, I lied. I am not busy. Just,
Maybe yes, I am busy. Busy staying... alive? like the Bee Gees,
ah, ah, ah, ah, staying alive, staying alive.
But, please.. aside from that iconic song and iconic dance moves,
Please allow me to tell you a story.
Let me tell you a story about the choices that I made three months ago.
The choices that led me to where I am now.
The ones that opened up my mind and my heart perspective of
understanding the world that I knew nothing about.
understanding the world that I knew nothing about.
Yup, the thing called choices.
Choices, choices, choices..
Because you know, life is all about making choices.
Choice. Choices..
First, I want you to stop saying 'choice' or 'choices',
Because, the more you say it, the word just got weirder and weirder,
and it is starting to makes no sense at all.
Just. Stop. Saying. That.
Well, then.
According to Google's Dictionary, the definition of 'choice' is,
choiceCHois/noun
1.an act of selecting or making a decision when faced with two or more possibilities.
"the choice between good and evil"
synonyms: option, alternative, possible course of action
"you have no other choice"
Lol,
"you have no other choice.."
Classic.
Anyway, if the choices are between two simple basic different things like,
the 'good and evil',
we could easily choose 'good' over the 'evil', because we've always known that
'evil' has consequences. Bad consequences.
While in the other hand, 'Good', will lead us to great things.
More or less, 'good' will save us from bad consequences.
Yes, we could all choose 'good' over 'evil'.
Now, the question is,
Could we choose something between two or multiple choices that is;
equally good,
equally beneficial,
and equally life changing?
How do we know that we made the right choice?
When we can't possibly know the bad consequences?
Both have the same good things about them,
Even though they are different in a way, but they are good in general.
But you gotta choose one. You can't have it all, you can't have both.
The answer is, yes we could.
We could choose one and be happy about it.
"Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones that we miss." - Eric Roth
Always think that inside of choices, or the options we've got,
one of them has the opportunity to make our lives better.
One of them, for sure, are going improve our self.
So, listen to your gut and choose one.
After that, treat our decision like this is the way to be the better version of us.
With that positive attitude, no matter what we choose, we are always moving.
The other thing to consider is, we need to work and stick with our decision.
So, it is super okay to not knowing anything. It is a bless sometimes, really.
***


Comments
Post a Comment